On to a happier subject, Matthew has taken to writing poems. He did one in school for a Mother's Day present, and then he just did one at home because he felt like it. Both dedicating to his Mommy!
Here's the one he wrote me at home:
"I Love Mom Poem"
I love you,
She's the best,
I love you,
I will never hate you.
Here was the one he did for my Mother's day present (he did it about purple, because he said he thinks that's my favorite color). He also made a picture of a beautiful butterfly!
Dear Mom,
I love you the purplest,
I love you as purple as a butterfly,
I love you, Happy Mother's Day!
Love, Matthew
He's such a Momma's boy, I love it!!! I have to say, these are the moments/things that make it all worth while. When I am having a totally crap day, I just have to think that somebody loves me the purplest and will never hate me, and it makes everything better!
I also wanted to share some exciting news Alex has. He got a letter last week from school that he has been put into the gifted reading program at school. He was already in the math program this year. He was SO thrilled. He does so well in school and his "grades" really mean a lot to him. He takes so much pride in the marks he gets in school. He was so excited he insisted on calling Daddy in California and Grandma in Florida!
No comments:
Post a Comment